Contact Lenses A handful of facts
Along with the ongoing diversification of the contact lens market, the popularity of contacts grows bigger and bigger every year. There is a wide variety of contact lenses to choose between: daily disposable, coloured, continuous wear, monthly or weekly disposable. All of these offer a great alternative to more traditional glasses.
At Optyk Rozmus you will be able to choose from a wide range of corrective and coloured contact lenses from the most famous and recognizable brands in the world.
If this is the first time you are trying to buy a set of contact lenses, you are in the right place. Our online shop offers a great variety of contacts from which you can choose the ones most suitable for your needs. If you are not sure, however, what you need, you might want to become familiar with a few facts on these products that can help you with choosing the right ones.
Most importantly, before making your choice, you need to have your eyes tested by an ophthalmologist or eye care professional, who will write a prescription stating what kind of lenses would be recommended for you. Furthermore, before the making a purchase, have a contact lens fitting session – it will provide you with the information you need regarding the best base curve and lens diameter for you.
There are four main reasons for people to buy contacts:
Corrective contact lenses – prescribed for people with:
- Myopia, or nearsightedness – a defect preventing you from seeing objects clearly located far away as they seem blurred and indistinct. Many types of contacts are applicable in cases of myopia including daily, continuous wear or monthly disposables.
- Hypermetropia, or farsightedness – a defect opposite to myopia – in that distant object are seen clearly, whereas near objects seem blurred. As in the case of myopic patients, almost all kinds of lenses can be prescribed here, the most common being daily, monthly or continuous wear contact lenses.
- Astigmatism – a defect in which there are more than one focal points located in different meridians in the eye. A toric contact lens is applicable in the case of astigmatism.
- Presbyopia – a malady connected with aging of the eye, when the lens loses it’s elasticity. It is quite common among people in their 40’s. To cure this defect, bifocal or multifocal lenses are available for prescription.
- Ophthalmologic contact lenses – can noticeably improve your vision as they do not share drawbacks associated with wearing spectacles. They do not have frames and they stick closely to the eye, which prevents any types of distortions. Furthermore, they cannot get dirty in the same way as glasses – they are resistant to moisture and dust and therefore do not tend to blur the vision or fog.
- Cosmetic contact lenses – spectacles, unless very carefully chosen, can substantially change a person’s look. Some people need vision correction of some kind but are reluctant to wear glasses because of the above mentioned reason. Contacts are a perfect solution in this case – they are practically invisible and therefore you will retain your looks and improve the natural beauty of your eyes. Moreover, with the wide variety of coloured lenses, there is an easy way to change your eye colour in addition to improving your eyesight.
- Convenience contact lenses – Wearing glasses can be problematic for people who like to actively participate in sports, especially when the weather gets unpleasant. Rain drops and steam impair the vision significantly, sometimes making it completely impossible to see anything. As a lens user you can, however, enjoy any type of sports like mountain biking, boxing, jogging, football, golf or even swimming without worrying about your vision declining. Dailies are the best choice for active, sporty people.
As shown above, contact lenses bring a great deal of advantages and comfort to their users. Our vast collection of contacts includes products from the best and the most popular manufacturers, like Air Optix, Acuvue, Bausch & Lomb, Freshlook, Purevision, Johnson & Johnson, Dailies and many others. There is no need to search any longer – give your eyes a present and make them healthy and beautiful using contacts from Optyk Rozmus.